Ladies, we are lucky! Women’s accessories are not limited to just jewelry anymore, in addition, makeup is a choice, hair extensions, fake lashes, hats, scarves, sunglasses, nail polish, hair accessories, sparkly shoes and purses, tattoos in different colors and fashion and not to mention colored contacts.
However, less is more is a great easy to remember rule that works in everyday life and especially in Fashion! I have few points here to help you get started:
- Avoid matchey matchey accessory pieces, it’s no longer fashionable.
- Balance the size of your accessories according to your size, meaning if your Petite, avoid wearing big earrings, necklaces, or big glasses, its okay to go with a big purse though!
- Match the colors of what you wearing with your complexion.
- Don’t go "head over heels" (pun intended :D) when you’re trying to make an impression, keep it simple.
- Wear natural makeup during the day and a more dynamic look in the evening.
- High heels are not the answer to every Outfit.
- Wear bold make up when you’re wearing simple accessories.
- Take care of your nails appearance even when you have nail polish on, chipped nails are not hot!
- Focus on what’s least interesting or something no one would pay attention to in your outfit and pull it out hard with your accessories, a belt or scarf or any of what we discussed earlier.
- Accessorize your watch if possible, if you saw my last post on IG, you will know what I’m talking about, I posted a picture for 3 different watch choices. @Hudafashionista
Now you may say "Come on Huda, we have to buy all of that?!" Well yes and no! If you are one of those people who doesn't really care for accessories, no worries. There are many options are available to you such as metallic tattoos, bold makeup, or accessories with long lashes. Try hair extensions or a wig. Go with a long hair wig if your hair is short or vice versa. Different looks never hurt and can even boost your confidence! You know what’s popular now? Colored Contacts! You may need a prescription but there are plenty of places to purchase them.
For those of you who prefer to take it to another level, I say spend more on classic pieces as you will be wearing them over and over. Other than that, there are always good deals at thrift stores or at Festivals. Strive to find unique accessories from all over!
Try different looks, multiple metals and styles, go for old and new fashion, be unique. You don’t have to subscribe yourself to every fashion trend, just make it your own. If everyone did the same thing, who is going to look unique? Follow fashion blogs and magazines and watch individuals with good taste to keep up.
One trick I’ve learned through the years is to use accessories to pull two mismatched pieces together and rock new looks, you may do the same with furniture as well by using accent pillows and wall arts and rugs. Take advantage of what’s available for you.
Pull edgy and comfort together on one occasion, next time surprise everyone others with a sexy but simple look. Changing it up often is key. Nothing is more impressive than having your own signature look.
Own it, Ladies!
- Huda Fashionista