I know we've heard so much about Aloe Vera and how we could replace many products we purchase with it but do we really do it? It's easier to order a product online or even purchase from a store, I totally get it. Guess what though, you can plant Aloe Vera and care for it at your own home. It’s super easy and could be really handy at emergency!
It gets so confusing sometimes on which is the best product to purchase and what could help faster, right! I know, I’ve been there many times believe me! Not to mention how much could be saved when you could buy shoes with it!!!
I found Aloe Vera by itself or maybe sometimes add a natural ingredient to it very beneficiary and saved me some cash$$$. Who wouldn’t like that!? What mattered the most to me was when I had lip sore or mosquito bites my Aloe Vera was right there on my shelf. I rubbed it on my skin and voila! Its magic worked, I was pain-free immediately and the next day I felt 80% better.
It gets hard sometimes to find fresh Aloe Vera plants. It can depend a lot on where you are in the country and how accessible it is. The easiest way to do it, purchase the plant and care for it yourself at home, it’s super easy and takes no time, all it needs is sunshine, water every three days, and some love!
Cut the excess outer leaves. Use your knife or shears to remove enough healthy leaves to make the plant fit in the pot. Bring the cutting tool to the base of the stem and slice through cleanly. These leaves are the oldest and contain the most aloe vera gel. Make sure to remove any dark or bad leaves first to keep your plant healthy. I will post a video on how to get the gel out on my IG account @hudafashionista. Follow me, please.
Here are Aloe Vera's 40 amazing daily uses according to yourhealthtreasure.com. I hope you try them out, trust me its like magic!
1. As a Body rub.
2. To Treat burns.
3. For more major kitchen mishaps like a scald, mix some aloe gel and vitamin E oil into a little jar for a homemade burn healer.
4. Banishes black and blue bruises.
5. Soothe sunburns.
6. Take the sting or itch out of insect bites.
7. Reduce tissue damage from frostbite.
8. Alleviate mysterious rashes.
9. Make feet baby soft with an exfoliating foot mask by mixing together a half cup of oatmeal, a half cup of corn meal, four tbsp. of aloe vera gel and a half cup of unscented body lotion.
10. Help heal herpes outbreaks.
11. Fight Athlete’s Foot.
12. Swab over blisters.
13. Use as an antidote to allergic skin reactions.
14. Replace creams and lotions as a general moisturizer for dry skin. Aloe Vera is fast absorbing.
15. Prevent pesky pimples and treat acne.
16. Soothe Psoriasis.
17. Prevent scarring and stretch marks.
18. Help rid of Rosacea.
19. Shrink warts.
20. Reverse signs of aging skin and wrinkles.
21. Help eliminate Eczema.
22. Brighten skin. Aloe can decrease pigmentation and dark spots.
23. Make skin new again with an exfoliating, organic sugar scrub by mixing together two tbsp. of aloe vera, 2 tbsp. of organic brown sugar and 1 tsp. of organic lemon juice.
24. For rougher patches mix together an organic salt skin scrub using two cups of sea salt, one cup of aloe vera, one cup of organic coconut oil and two tbsp. of local, organic honey.
25. Speed up hair growth by massaging aloe into the scalp, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and rinsing.
26. Reduce hair dandruff by mixing aloe vera juice with coconut milk and wheat germ oil. Massage into scalp and rinse.
27. Replace aloe with conditioner for silkier, smoother hair.
28. Remove eye makeup.
29. Treat minor vaginal irritations.
29. Treat minor vaginal irritations.
30. Drink aloe vera juice to relieve gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion.
31. Sip it to aid in elimination. Many times, it’s recommended for its laxative effects.
32. Take a swig to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome including bloating and discomfort.
33. Take aloe orally to relieve heartburn, arthritis and rheumatism pain.
34. Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to alleviate asthma.
35. Drink to lower blood sugar levels—especially for diabetics.
36. Strengthen gums and promote strong, healthy teeth by taking orally or use toothpaste with Aloe Vera ingredients.
37. Drink to help ease congestion, stomach ulcers, colitis, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infections and prostate problems.
38. Take orally to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for a healthy heart.
39. Sip to minimize inflammation and infection of the eye and ear.
40. Toast to its general detoxify and health-boosting qualities.
- Huda Fashionista